Warwick District Council has recently signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement with Arden Estate Partnerships (AEP), enabling the two organisations to more closely collaborate on future projects and placing AEP on the list of the District Council’s preferred procurement partners.
Andrew Jones, Deputy Chief Executive of Warwick District Council commented: “The skills and expertise that the framework consultants bring to the project gives the Council certainty on the delivery of the projected outcomes, enabling a smooth transition at all stages of the project. Warwick District Council looks forward to working with the Partnership."
George Marsh, Chair of AEP commented: “This is an important stepping stone for both organisations, meaning that both time and money will be saved on future projects, shortening the lengthy procurement stage. We look forward to continuing to build the relationship and our profile across Warwickshire as a whole.”
As part of the partnership agreement, AEP are currently working with English Heritage; the champions in ensuring historic places are protected for future generations.
They are jointly working to aid the restoration of the old St Michael’s Leper Hospital site in Warwick; a medieval hospital dating back to 1135 which is one of the last remaining leper hospitals in England.
The site holds the remains of two grade II listed buildings – a chapel and a 15th century two-storey Master’s House (pictured above), which Warwick District Council endeavours to repair along with restoring the site back into use for the local community. The future use of the site however is still to be decided.